Visa & Immigration
The office of the Registrar works more closely with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship under the Ministry of Labour and Home Affairs (MLHA) to ensure that International students get the residence / study permit.
Visa Application documents
Students, Inclusions and Dependents
- Two identical passport size photos
- Birth and Marriage Certificates or a certified copy thereof in respect of each applicant, if the applicant is unable to provide such proof of birth, a statement setting out the reasons must be attached.
- A copy of the court order in question certified as being correct by an official of the court which made it, is required (if legally separated).
- A medical report for each application.
- A proof of admission letter in case of students.
- Relevant certificates if married, widowed, divorced or separated
Persons who are above 18 are required to apply separately if they wish to stay in Botswana and their applications should be supported by the person(s) upon whom they will depend while in Botswana.
NB: Please ensure that you have all the necessary documents as provided in the checklist for residence permit applications and/or renewals.
Where can I apply for a Visa
All international applicants who will be applying outside Botswana can submit their applications at the Botswana diplomatic missions. There are 20 diplomatic missions in 17 countries around the world where visa applications can also be made: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, China, Ethiopia, India, Japan, Kenya, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa (Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cape Town), Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United Nations (New York), Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Applicants can also submit applications at Regional and District Offices around the country.
Department of Immigration and Citizenship
Tel: +267 361 1300
Migration and Visa Division
Tel: +267 361 1327/44
Toll Free: 0800 600 777