CIA is fast becoming a sought after qualification in Botswana and beyond. In today’s organizational environment, there is a big bias towards corporate governance, risk management and process culture. Challenges abound surround fraud and tempering with organizational processes. Compliance becomes a critical factor. CIA will position the will to deal with matters of corporate governance and risk management effectively. Individual trained as Certified Internal Auditors are assets stemming from their deep organizational awareness across all strategic Business Units. The Certified Internal Audit Programme examinations are administered by the Institute of Internal Auditors, whose headquarters is in the United States. The Botswana Accountancy College offer face to face tuition and examination preparation for all its registered students.
- All candidates intending to enroll for CIA tuition at the Botswana Accountancy College must submit completed BAC application forms to the college on or before the specified deadline.
- These candidates must submit proof of registration with IIA.
- Please note! Botswana Accountancy College is a tuition provider and does not determine entry requirements for the IIA. We will only enroll candidates who meet the entry requirements of the IIA. Who are eligible to sit IIA exams and as such proof of eligibility should be provided by the student at the time of application/registration at the college.
- Please read through the IIA brochure carefully to confirm that you meet their entry requirements.
- Candidates should ensure that they have applied for membership and their subscription and examination fees are fully paid as per the IIA’s requirements.
- The Certified Internal Audit programme is made of parts as follows;
- Part 1- Internal audit activity’s role in governance Risk and control
- Part 2 - Conducting the internal audit engagement,
- Part 3- Business analysis and Information Technology and
- Part 4 - Business Management Skills)
PLEASE NOTE! EACH STUDENT NEEDS TO REGSITER WITH BOTH BAC AND THE INSTITUTE OF INTERNAL AUDIOTRS AS STUDENT MEMBERS TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WRITE EXAMINATIONS.
- All students are required to pass part 1 and 2 before proceeding to part 3 and 4.
- Students will not be allowed to repeat, but may register to re-sit an exam. It is the student’s responsibility to register for re-sitting exams